Anyong. Lindsay here. Nothing of any real substance to write about so I’m giving you a few notes from my day. Assuming, of course, that somebody out there cares about the small details of my life.
1. I got up at 6 a.m. this morning for a run. What. Are you saying ‘Big Deal’? Then, you obviously don’t know me. Or never saw me with my head in–and yes I mean in–my Cheerios during breakfast in high school. (Still not clear on whether it fell in or Kathryn pushed it in.) So, this is a big deal. Like a really big deal. What possessed me, you are wondering? Well. Whit. The almost-30-year-old who has started acting 50 lately has been getting up at 5:45. Yes. A.M. I became almost-jealous of his morning runs and wanted to give it a go. Plus Emily Witt makes it sound so good in her blog. And it worked wonderfully, once I got out the front door, despite the darkness and coldness. It was actually really nice. And I hope to do it again one day.
2. I feel as though I am bonding very well with my students these days. I don’t mean to brag. But they just flat out like me. Today, one of my sixth graders who can barely speak a lick of English told me she had a dream about me last night in which I was going to take her to visit a foreign country. But when she awoke, she was still in Korea. She was a little disappointed.
3. Speaking of dreams, I was dreaming this morning that I had to give a comedy act tonight in Asheville. I was really sweating it. Nervous as all get-out. Maybe that’s why I didn’t have too much of a problem getting out of bed at 5:45 a.m. The alternative wasn’t looking so good.
4. I am a bit less worried about North Korea’s recent bullying against South Korea. After talking to my co-teachers today in our English discussion class, they explained that Kim Jong-Il is all talk. I hope they are not all talk.
5. I can’t think of a Number 5. There are only four somewhat interesting things I have done/accomplished/thought today.
6. Well. Well. I thought of another one. My co-worker Mi-Sook Teacher gave me two awesome pairs of earrings today that she made herself. I love them! And so did all my students.