Our partner recruiter, Say Kimchi Recruiting, is now offering public school jobs for spring 2012 through EPIK (English Program in Korea).
These are no doubt the best (and most competitive) jobs in the country, so you have to act fast if you’re interested! EPIK works on a first-come, first-serve basis, and the application period opens Oct. 1!
Learn more about the process below! And if you’re interested, be sure to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Eligible to Teach in Korean Public Schools?
EPIK provides equal opportunities for everyone, it’s basically a matter of timing!
Applicants must have:
- Completed a bachelors degree or equivalent at an accredited college or university
- Be a citizen of a country where the primary language is English
- Be fluent in English
- Meet the requirements for an E-2 Visa
EPIK offers best employment packages in Asia:
- Salary up to 2.7 million won/month (avg. is 2.0-2.2 million Korean won)
- Over 5 weeks of vacation
- 1.3 million won entrance and exit allowance for flight
- Free Furnished Apartment
EPIK 2012 spring hiring schedule:
October 1. Hiring kick-off. Get your applications in NOW! With this, you need two reference letters from bosses, with the official letterhead on it.
November 31. Hiring closed. EPIK will hire 1,200 teachers in total! But the jobs are competitive! Do you have a teaching license? Certificate? TESL/TEFL/CELTA? All this can help!
December 30. EPIK must have all the required documents and the paperwork process is now completed.
February 18. Arrival. One week orientation.
March 1. Start teaching!!
Start preparing NOW…items to start collecting BEFORE applying:
- 2 reference letters (original inked)
- Nation-wide criminal record with apostilled authentication (process started).
(For Canadians, notarized by the Korean consulate)
(for Americans, it takes 5 to 12 weeks to get FBI checks!)
- Bachelor s degree (or official verification letter) with apostilled authentication (process started)
Required documents for applying
- Application form (available through Say Kimchi Recruiting)
- Scanned letters of recommendation (with official letterhead/logo from organization). These must be from former boss or employer.
- Copy of passport
*if you are applying for Seoul public school positions, additional forms are required.
EPIK pay scale