Finn started his first taekwondo class last week. He was nervous about it, but once his best friend Abby signed up, he was ready to go. Especially since that meant a really cool white uniform and a class with bigger kids who doted on him the entire time.
6 fun facts about Taekwondo:
- Taekwondo is the national sport of South Korea.
- Taekwondo became An Olympic Sport in 2000.
- There are six colors of belts in the sport: white, yellow, green, blue, red, and black.
- The Taekwondo uniform is called a dobok.
- A taekwondo gym or studio is called a dojang.
- Taekwondo is also used by the South Korean military as part of its training.